Templates are created for Commercial Communication and as per TRAI guidelines all the Principle Entities needs to register their Templates before sending Commercial Communication.
- In the Entity portal on the side bar click on the Templates option to view the page.
- In the Template page click on Add New Template button to create new Templates.
- Fill an appropriate Template name basis on the business requirement in the Template Name column
- In the Communication Type column select the type of communication from the following:
- In the Content Type select any of the following options:
- Service Explicit
- Service Implicit
- In the Consent Template ID column select the relevant Consent Template registered on DLT from the drop-down list. Consent Template ID is not mandatory for Transactional and Service Implicit commercial communications.
- In case the Consent template is not created at the time of Template creation then choose the given link to create and register the same.
- In the Content Category column select any of the Category from the drop-down list as given which is appropriate for the Template to be created.
- In the Template Type column, it will either be TEXT or UNICODE and it will be auto fetched basis on the selection of language for the content. Please note, any language other than English will be taken as Unicode
In the Content creation section, there are two options available:
Create New Message (Type)
Select any of the option basis on the requirement of content creation.
- In the Copy/Paste Message option, copy any message and create the required content for the Template.
- In the Create New Message option, type the required content.
- In the Create New Message Box type the required content and to add variables there are options available on the panel.
- Messages in languages other than English can be created, such templates type will be treated as Unicode. Language can be selected from the drop down list.
- Press the Get OTP link to receive the One Time Password on your registered mobile and email id. Once received, type the same in OTP column to authenticate the process.
- Press Submit button to confirm and send the request for approval by the Operator.